I.A. Connex Credit Union (“Connex”) is looking for up to 5 individual members of Connex who demonstrate a need for personal financial planning and budget management advice, want to significantly improve their current personal financial situation and meet regularly and work closely with a Connex Financial Advocacy Coach during the ConneXfactor 2019 Challenge period (April 1 through September 30, 2019) and who also meet the additional requirements described below.
To be eligible to participate in the ConneXfactor 2019 Challenge (the “Challenge”) you must:
- Be an individual member in good standing of Connex and at least 18 years of age when you apply to participate in the Challenge.
- Submit a complete, signed and dated Challenge application and accompanying Release Agreement to Connex. Applications must be postmarked on or before March 8, 2019, or may be dropped off at your local Connex branch during regular business hours on or before March 8, 2019. If mailed, send Challenge applications to:
ConneXfactor 2019 Challenge
Connex Credit Union
412 Washington Avenue
PO Box 477
North Haven, CT 06473
I.B. Important exclusions: Employees, former employees, directors and officers of Connex Credit Union and Mason, Inc. and any other companies associated with the promotion of the ConneXfactor 2019 Challenge, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, or child) and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, former employee, director or officer of any of the foregoing listed entities are not eligible to participate.
Only one application per home address or individual member is permitted.
I.C. If your Challenge application is selected for additional review and further consideration, you must:
- Complete financial information forms and meet with a Connex Financial Advocacy Coach (“Coach”) at a Connex branch to discuss your personal financial situation, financial goals, and whether you are well-suited to participate in the Challenge. This meeting must occur no later than March 12, 2019 during regular Connex branch business hours.
After this meeting, Connex will choose up to 5 individual applicants to participate in the Challenge, based in part on information in applicants’ Challenge applications, information about applicants received from Financial Advocacy Coaches, and other information about individual applicants already in the possession of Connex.
Challenge participants will be judged by Connex at the end of the Challenge period (April 1 through September 30, 2019) on how well they were able to meet their Challenge-related financial goals (for example, percentage of savings and other budget goal(s) reached) during the Challenge period. Three (3) Challenge participants will be selected to receive prizes after the Challenge period. (See IV. below.)
I.D. All decisions of Connex concerning Challenge participation and prize eligibility are final, absolute and not subject to review or appeal.
Connex may in its sole discretion choose to postpone, cancel or terminate the Challenge before any prizes are awarded.
II. If you are selected as a Challenge participant, you must:
- Open and maintain a Connex share account (a “Challenge” share account) for the purpose of holding Challenge-related savings deposits until the Challenge prize winners are announced (on or about October 25, 2019) and Challenge prizes are paid (on or about October 31, 2019).
- Meet at pre-arranged times (minimum of 4 (four)) at a Connex branch and work closely with a Connex Credit Union Financial Advocacy Coach during the Challenge period (April 1 through September 30, 2019).
- Develop financial goals for the Challenge period and agree to have periodic reports about your financial progress and results during the Challenge period made public through media (including social media) selected by Connex in its sole discretion.
- Agree to have your identity (including name, town, and state of residence) and your participation in the Challenge, including images of you (including still pictures, video, and audio), and (if applicable) members of your household or other person collaborating with you in the Challenge, and your progress in meeting your Challenge-related financial goals, publicized through media (including social media) selected by Connex in its sole discretion.
- Be willing to reveal and share information about your personal financial situation with the public.
- Be willing to be interviewed for print and electronic media and all other media discussing the ConneXfactor 2019 Challenge.
- Execute and provide all waivers and release agreements required by Connex.
III. If you win a Challenge prize, you must:
- Execute and provide all waivers and release agreements required by Connex.
- Agree to have your identity (including name, town, and state of residence) and your status as a prize winner (including identification of the prize), and images of you (including still pictures, video, and audio), and (if applicable) members of your household or other persons collaborating with you in the Challenge, publicized through media (including social media) selected by Connex in its sole discretion.
- Be willing to be interviewed for print, electronic, and all other media discussing the ConneXfactor 2019 Challenge.
- Pay all taxes related to the receipt of the prize.
Three (3) Challenge participants will be selected to receive prizes after the Challenge period (April 1 through September 30, 2019). The prizes (described below) will be deposited to the applicable prize winner’s Connex “Challenge” share account and reported by Connex to the Internal Revenue Service and applicable state tax authorities.
One (1) Grand Prize: $3,000
One (1) First Prize: $1,000
One (1) Second Prize: $500
Prizes will be paid on or about October 31, 2019.
Prize winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes related to receipt of a prize.
Selection of Prize Winners
On or about October 7, 2019, a panel of Connex employees will select three (3) Challenge prize winners based on how well they were able to meet their Challenge-related financial goals (for example, percentage of savings and other budget goal(s) reached) during the Challenge period. All monies/funds deposited by a Challenge participant in their “Challenge” share account at Connex during the Challenge period must be a direct result of the Challenge only. Such funds and deposits may be verified as to their authenticity and Challenge eligibility by Connex as part of the final judging process. Any participant claiming or depositing funds in their “Challenge” share account that were not attained as a direct result of the Challenge will be disqualified. This includes funds obtained through inheritance, tax refunds, job-related cash incentives and bonuses, pension or 401K rollovers, gambling winnings, lottery proceeds or any other extraneous source of income unrelated to Challenge-related financial goals.
Connex will attempt to notify the potential prize winners via telephone or email on or about October 18, 2019. If a potential winner cannot be reached within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt by Connex to contact him/her, or does not give Connex any prize-related waiver and release agreement required by Connex, or is disqualified for any other reason, that potential winner forfeits the prize and Connex may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place. (For example, if Connex is unable to contact the potential Grand Prize winner or does not receive any prize-related waiver and release agreement from the potential Grand Prize winner, or if the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any other reason, Connex may award the Grand Prize to the originally selected potential First Prize winner.)
If for any reason Connex is unable to award any of the three prizes to eligible Challenge participants, one or more prizes may remain unrewarded (unpaid) in Connex’s sole discretion.
To request the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Connex Credit Union, Attn: Marketing-ConneXfactor Contest, P.O. Box 477, North Haven, CT 06473. Winner List requests will only be accepted on or after October 21, 2019 but not later than November 30, 2019.
V. Any and all materials given to Connex in connection with your application to be a Challenge participant and in connection with your participation in the Challenge will be retained by Connex and will be the property of Connex and will not be returned to you regardless of whether you are selected as a Challenge participant and regardless of whether you win a prize. Any expenses for participant, and if applicable, members of your household or other persons collaborating with you in the Challenge, incurred during the Challenge application process or in connection with your participation in the Challenge (including without limitation expenses associated with meeting with a Coach at a Connex branch) are your sole responsibility, and Connex will not reimburse you for any Challenge-related expenses. Connex does not impose any fee or charge to meet or work with a Coach, and Coaches do not impose any fee or charge in connection with their personal financial advisory and related financial planning services. (See also VI. below.) Connex’ usual and customary service charges apply to Connex share accounts (including “Challenge” share accounts) and other Connex financial products as described in the Connex Membership and Account Agreement, Truth-in-Savings Disclosure, and other applicable account agreements and disclosures.
VI. Individual members of Connex may make their own meeting arrangements with Connex Financial Advocacy Coaches, separate and apart from the Challenge. Connex Financial Advocacy Coaches are available to meet with individual Connex members at no charge at pre-arranged times during regular Connex branch business hours. Applying to participate in, and participation in, the Challenge is not required to meet with a Connex Financial Advocacy Coach. For more information about Connex Financial Advocacy Coaches please see
VII. Connex Credit Union is sponsoring and administering the Challenge with the assistance of Mason, Inc. Connex Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.